I thought I was done sewing a few days ago, but suddenly I changed my mind. I wanted to add some venting to the kite hopefully to take the puff out of the gusts.
Yes, I know there are other ways to add venting to a kite, but due to the late decision, I had to make six separate mesh panels. Then I sew all the meshed panels onto the front side of the sail. When finished I cut away the ripstop behind the mesh on the back of the sail. It worked out pretty nice!
Here are a few more photos from the process.
Now all that’s left to do is to set this Black Edge Project up with a dynamic bridle. Stay tuned and I’ll let you in on all the details!